Last modified: February 15, 2017
What personal data do we collect from you?
Personal data you provide to us
When using the Skill you may provide us with personal data, personal data includes all personally identifiable information (PII) and data that directly or indirectly identifies you such as your name, email address, phone number and location data. You control how much information you provide to us. To use our Skill you may provide us with your email, username and password. We may also receive this information from the voice user interface so we can prepopulate certain fields in the Skill. When using the Skill you can also decide to create social profiles that display your name, job title, company, links to your social profiles (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) and activity. In addition, you can fill out a free form “About Me” voice responses to provide additional information about yourself as well as respond to notifications, comments, survey/poll responses and any other Skill related functions or features that may be available to you. It is up to you how much additional information you want to share with us, the marketer and the other users. If you are a marketer you may also provide us with conference agendas, customer lists, partner lists and other information. Personal data we collect through your use of our Skill or Website we collect limited personal data from you through your use of our Skill or Website. The only personal data we actively collect from you beyond that which you have provided through registration are your IP address, access point, operating system and the time and date on which you visited the Skill or Website. In addition, we may also track your usage of the Skill for statistical and research purposes by means of cookies.
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing you with information about the skill that you are engaging;
- Enabling Skill features such as “drop-ins”, surveys/polls, messaging, channels, agenda sessions, partners, recommendations, targeting and locations;
- Prepopulating Skill fields such as preferences, user lists, partner lists and location information;
- Showing your Skill activity on the activity feeds in the Skill Performance Analytics;
- For analytics and market research purposes to improve our services, develop new products and launch services for other purposes;
- Sending emails or push notifications in relation to the skill; and
- Processing complaints, handling disputes, performing audits and meeting statutory requirements.
With whom do we share your personal data?
- We might use data processors to handle complaints or send newsletters on our behalf or share information with third parties if you have explicitly provided your consent to such data sharing.
- In accordance with our legal obligations, we conclude processing agreements with the third parties we use.
- We may provide your personal data to third parties in order to meet a legal obligation or court order. When transferring personal data outside the European Economic Area we enter into EU Standard Contractual Clauses to comply with our legal obligations.
- In addition, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar events, any information in our possession may be transferred to our successor or assign.
Security of your personal information
In accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, we have taken adequate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the security of your personal information. We store the personal information that we process on a secure database that is protected by technical access controls. Please be advised that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable data, we make no guarantees or assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, access or misuse and are not responsible in the event that such loss or misuse occurs.
What are your rights?
Based on the Dutch Data Protection Act (Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens) and similar local laws that pertain to the countries in which our companies have nexus, you may request to review, change or remove your personal data. You can submit such substantiated request – including your full name – to us per email to email@example.com. We will contact you within thirty (30) business days after receipt of a request to review, change or remove your personal data.
Cookies and similar technologies
Attn: Legal Department
11846 Dorsett Road
Maryland Heights, MO 63043 USA
Appendix 1: Cookies and Purpose
We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them). We use the following types of cookies for the purposes explained in this chart:
|Essential operation||These cookies are necessary in order for you to move around the service as you request. It allows us to recognize what type of user, partner, or other subscriber you are so that we can then accordingly provide services.|
|Functional||These cookies allow us to use certain features of the service in accordance with the choices that you make. These cookies mean that if you continue to use the services or return to the services, we can then provide services tailored for you based on the choices you have made or asked us to hold like your username or your customizations.|
|Performance and Analysis||We use performance cookies to help us provide a better user experience for you based on optimizing the services and constantly optimizing the features and performance. We may also obtain information from features that you open or access or click on. This information tells us about the effectiveness of certain features and helps ensure that the content and features we provide are optimized for your interests.|